- I got REALLY sick with the flu - sick enough that we contemplated the ER but settled for the walk-in clinic.
- The temple opened back up after its two-week closure. This is a good thing, but means we're back to early mornings on Saturdays (you know, 3:30AM early...).
- Eddie and I went to the 3A High School Basketball Championships in Tacoma for 4 days. Eddie was there more than I was because he needed to take photos. I was there for a few games and helped in uploading pictures and writing some of the stories. Check it out at http://www.nwsnews.com/.
- This last Sunday was our friend, Kylie's birthday. After racking our brains on what to get her, we decided on pre-ordering New Moon for her. I helped Kylie's mom in getting her cake ready and was able to help just a bit in the dinner prep.
- I've gotten back into Family History work building her family tree on Ancestry.com and even e-mailing a distant cousin on my dad's side who lives in OLYMPIA! That's huge! My dad was an only child so most of his family now consists of cousins I've never met because they live in Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, and North Carolina. Next step, mini-family reunion to meet this cousin!
- Seminary - I love teaching, so when I was asked to substtute for a week, I jumped at the chance. However, it's only when the time actually arrives that I remember how early Seminary actually is...I have been dragging this whole week but again, I love teaching. Even took them some cinnamon rolls with green icing for St. Patrick's Day yesterday!
- Speaking of yesterday - it was my birthday!!! Yup, I'm not to the point of hating/fearing my birthday (if age is all in the mind, I turned 40 YEARS ago) but I'm past the point of being giddy about it. Started the day with Seminary, went to work for a bit, then decided, "it's my birthday, I'm taking the afternoon off!!!" When I got home, the Relief Society President dropped by with a card and we visited for a while - she is so great! Then Eddie came home and brought me some beautiful flowers and presents! We went to a family dinner at The Cheesecake Factory - so happy, my aunt Lois came to dinner too! I ordered my favorite - the Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps. They're technically an appetizer, but what the heck, they're so good. For appetizers though we did have pot stickers and corn fritters. Can you believe they don't serve honey-butter there? I had to ask for some honey, butter, and a little dish and just made my own. YUMMY!! My mom suggested that we each get a piece of cheesecake for my birthday dessert - a great idea. I got the Key Lime Cheesecake, but was so full from dinner that the cheesecake is still in my fridge...mmmm! I think I need to learn to make Key Lime Cheesecake. Ok, then we went to my mom's and I opened some presents from my family and headed home because again, Seminary comes pretty darn early in the morning!
- This weekend, working in the temple and we get to attend a family sealing of some friends in our ward!
- Immediately following the temple, I have Stamp Camp. Now, I'm sure to some people that sounds dorky. Not so - I love crafty things. The hardest part for me is coming up with the ideas, not the actual crafting process so to go somewhere, spend time with my sister and with friends, be able to create something so cute - that's a great day!
- After Stamp Camp it's off to Kylie's birthday party. This will be so fun, we are going to the IMAX theatre in Seattle to see "Alice in Wonderland." What will Eddie do without me all day?
- Sunday - hmmm, Mia Maid Presidency Meeting, BYC, Church (playing the organ AND teaching YW), choir, Girls Camp Meeting, YW Presidency Meeting - I thought this was supposed to be a day of rest?
- Next week - I have a vocal adjudication. AGHHHH!! I don't have my pieces memorized yet! One is a huge aria from La Cenerentola, then there's a German piece (why do I have such a difficult time memorizing this language? Pronouncing it - not the issue), there's a French piece (opposite problem here; no worries memorizing but pronouncing the French? Ugh!), and an English piece - not my favorite.
- Since Eddie and I are a photographer/reviewer team for high school drama performances, we get to attend the local high school performances for free with our press passes. Those pics and reviews get posted to http://www.nwtnews.org/ and the next show for us will be, "The Wedding Singer," at Lynnwood High School sometime next week :)
- Then we get to go to General Conference at the end of the month - very exciting!
- Did I mention how much follow up is required every time Eddie goes to a high school event to photograph? He spends hours touching up and posting photos! Add his job hunting and church calling to that and he's a busy guy!!
March - in like a lion, out like a lamb? I don't think so - it's like a big ferocious jungle in here!!! Can March be over yet? Sleep? Who needs sleep?
Just imagine our schedule/life when we have kids - yup, still trying to adopt! We welcome any/all prayers on our behalf for miracles! :)
2 comments:
Just reading your blog about all the things you've been up to made me exhausted ! :) Glad you are keeping busy though and having fun at the same time !
WOW!!! You are busy! Thanks so much for new moon! I got it yesterday and have watched it 3 times, plus the movie about forks, plus the dvd with like 3 hours of special features! It all is amazing! You need to come over for a new moon night:)
Post a Comment