After what seems like years since we've seen them, Eddie and I decided to go to North Pole, Alaska to visit a friend of mine and her family. They have 4 kids, so it's not often they make it to Washington. Ed and I are a bit more mobile so we were excited for the opportunity to go visit them!
I mean really, how often do you get to (pictures coming soon!):
1. Say you went to visit the real Santa Claus at his house in North Pole;
2. Go panning for gold and actually come away with gold flakes;
3. Ride a river boat to a native, although staged, Alaskan village;
4. See the Alaska Pipeline;
5. Experience daylight hours a day; and,
6. Stay up until after 2AM playing games with amazing friends?
We had such a great time! It was as if no time had passed too - Sarah and I picked up right where we left off! After going up there to visit, I can see the draw to live there, but I sure to miss them and selfishly wish they lived closer! Ed and I agreed, we need to go visit more often...Sarah, keep that air mattress handy for me and Eddie!
No comments:
Post a Comment