Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Finalized

We are so blessed!  Words cannot express our joy, our gratitude, and our love for this little girl! 

April 13, 2011 - Seven months to the day after our first custody hearing for Samantha, our attorneys went to court and finalized our adoption of Samantha Grace!

Portion of the adoption decree

Adoption is a beautiful, emotion-laden process, riddled with anxiety and uncertainty.  We count ourselves lucky in that we had a very positive experience.  Make no mistake though, until we received that phone call from our attorney on April 13th, regardless the positive experience with Samantha's birth mom, anxiety levels in our home were high...for seven months!  Can you imagine having that constant fear in the back of your mind? 

Again, we wish to express our gratitude to Samantha's birth mom. I called Samantha's birth mom the day the adoption was finalized. I didn't want her to find out about the finalization from receiving an emotionless piece of mail from the state. I wanted her to hear it from me. She is a wonderful woman and we are so grateful for her decision to place Samantha with us. Thank you!

April 13, 2011 - We celebrated Samantha's finalization with a family dinner at a local Mexican restaurant :)
 It's official, baby girl, you are stuck with us! 
We love you!!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

This touches my heart! It's such a relief when that phone call comes. I'm so glad that all is official and settled. I could not be happier for you. Enjoy being a family of three!