 |
| The happy 'mom-to-be' |
 |
Blue and yellow theme -
detailed all the way to the flowers
in a Winnie the Pooh vase! |
My sister is having a baby! She is due August 7th with a little boy. So, beginning in May, I told her to be thinking of a date for her baby shower. She wanted to push it off until after Seminary was over (she was a Seminary teacher this last year). Fine, no problem, after Seminary works for me. So, come June 16/17, she decides the best date for her baby shower would be June 30th. Agh!!! Ok, no problem, I can handle this!
About half of her invitation list were able to make it (which is
plenty, considering her list was 45+ people long :) We did a
'Winnie the Pooh' theme, lots of yellow and blue, since that's what color the baby's room is painted.
 |
| Diaper guessing game |
Games?? For this many people?? We went very simple on the games. A friend helped out by providing a guessing game on the number of diapers, and I asked all of the attendees to bring a baby picture of themselves for a "guess who?" game.
 |
| Baby picture guessing game |
 |
| What's a party without food? |
Food - well, simple. I made a fruit tray, a veggie tray, some brownies (topped with blueberries and blue chocolate, no less), lemonade with lemon-lime soda and frozen blueberries, and my mom made a chicken salad for the rolls.
 |
| Yummy!!! |
 |
| The candy "bar" |
To add a bit more fun, I did a separate table with various candy - all blue and yellow, of course. We had blue/yellow M&M's (Missi's favorite), blue/yellow jelly beans, blue/yellow Lindt truffles, blue Hershey's kisses, blueberry yogurt pretzels, and blue/yellow salt water taffy with some cute little blue footprint or 'ABC' block lollipops sticking up from the candy. I even made these cute little cups for people to put their candy in...they're little 'onesies' - also blue and yellow! :)
 |
| Little candy cups! :) |
The cake - oh I must tell you about the cake. A lady in my ward is a fashion model / cake decorator - quite the combination! She is so talented. I met with her, gave her swatches of the baby's room colors, told her about
Winnie the Pooh being a theme, and she ran with it!! Can you say chocolate heaven?? It was a rich chocolate layer cake filled with chocolate ganache and topped with
Winnie the Pooh fondant goodness. Around the side of the cake, the little honey bees were buzzing!
It was truly the perfect touch for this baby shower!
 |
| Ta da!! |
 |
| Pooh bear with his 'hunny' pot! |
And of course, the
piece de resistance, I made Missi a diaper cake. I had seen one at another baby shower the week before and absolutely loved how it was put together. So, I used that one as my model and played around with it a bit, adding the rubber ducky as the cake topper! :)
 |
My first diaper cake!!
Turned out pretty good, don't you think? |
Despite the stress leading up to the baby shower, all in all it went very well! So grateful for help from my mom and our friend, Jamie (a.k.a. the artist who took these beautiful pictures and provided the diaper game!!)
 |
| A baby blanket gift from Grandma Sandi! |
 |
| Setting up the baby picture game! |
 |
Samantha - the real star of the evening!!!
Sorry Missi...babies always get top billing! :) |
Lesson learned: Never agree to throw a baby shower with less than two weeks' notice while also juggling your schedule as a mother, voice teacher, and during the last quarter of the fiscal year at your full time job!
Congratulations, Missi and Ryan! :)
1 comment:
You're amazing! What a party! Such great news that Missi is expecting. Congratulations to her!
Post a Comment