Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pizza Time!

For dinner tonight, I decided to make pizza.  While Samantha is a little young yet to help out in the kitchen, she loves to watch me cook, so I decided to get her involved!

Samantha helped make the crust this time.  She watched as I gathered all of the ingredients and got them in the mixer.  Then, from time to time, I would stop the mixer and let her smell and feel the dough.  We talked about sticky, dry, the smell of the yeast and flour, and how to tell when the dough was ready.  She was a bit hesitant at first to handle the dough, but eventually, she got excited about it and it was all I could do at that point to keep her a safe distance from the mixer!

I'm torn about her growing up!  I love seeing her learn and experience new things and can't wait to do things like make cookies together, and such, but at the same time, she's growing up too fast!! 

Every day a new adventure...onward!

No comments: