Saturday, September 8, 2012

Peaches and Pears

I have to say, I'm not the biggest fan of canning in general, but I LOVE the product of all of my hard work!  This year, so far, I've canned 75 lbs. of peaches and 50 lbs. of pears.  I have more pears downstairs at the moment and hope to still get more yet, as well as can some applesauce and pear sauce!

So, clean the kitchen, clean the jars, clean the fruit, peel the fruit, core/pit the fruit, slice the fruit, add sugar and water, clean the tops, add the lids, process the fruit, anxiously await for the lids to "pop" indicating a seal, clean the sticky off of the processed jars, make room and store the jars, AND clean the kitchen again!!  Why go through all of this? 

Well, it's so I can turn this:




Into this:
 

Aren't they beautiful!
 
Yep, it's a lot of work, but the end result is so worth it!

No comments: