Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Remote Control Race Car

This week at work, Ed won a little remote control Mini Cooper race car.  He brought it home and showed it to Samantha.  Well, the next day after he went to work, Samantha found the car and begged me to play with it.  I thought, "ok, here goes..."

She was so funny!  She kept exclaiming, "That was awesome!" and I just giggled because not only does she know the word "awesome," but she used it correctly!  I know she picked it up from the character of Rhino in the movie, Bolt.  So hilarious!  Then she would bend down to try to pick it up but not realize her finger was on the button so she ended up chasing down the car while calling, "Come here, car."  Anyway, it was so funny, I had to get some of it on video (pardon some of the hand shaking - at some points it was a struggle not to laugh at how cute she is!).  Enjoy!


Today, she wanted to play with the car again.  With a time out fresh on her mind from this morning, it was so funny to watch and listen to her interact with this race car.  She kept telling the race car, "I love you, race car."  Then she would hold onto the car and say, "Time out, race car," followed by a, "Look at me please, race car."  Then she would set the car down, tell it she loves it again, and resume racing it!  So funny because it's completely patterned after her own time outs - we make sure Samantha knows we love her, tell her she's in a time out, ask her to look at us so we can explain the reason for the time out, and always end a time out with another, "we love you, Samantha."  So completely amusing to watch her give the car a time out!  I wish I'd have caught that on video!


No comments: