For Eddie's birthday on Saturday, we went to Portland to see a group called Rain. They are a Beatles tribute band. Oh my goodness, they were great! They looked the part, sounded the part, played the instruments (very impressed that the "Paul" of the group even played the bass guitar left-handed, although, not in this picture; played the guitar right-handed too...), and even the mannerisms were accurate. We had great seats too; front row box seats on the first balcony. They were great because if we had been sitting any closer, it might have ruined the illusion (meaning, we would have been able to tell more easily that without the outfits and wigs, they really didn't look like George, Paul, John, and Ringo). Eddie even made it on the big screen during an encore round of the 'na na na's' in Hey Jude. They performed many of my favorite Beatles songs; Let it Be, Hey Jude, Eleanor Rigby, Paperback Writer, and so many more. There's a YouTube video showing Blackbird - another one of my favorite Beatles songs!
To top off Eddie's birthday, or I guess, more accurately, to begin Eddie's birthday, he opened up his birthday present. We were up pretty late on New Year's Day and I was so excited for Eddie to open his present that just after midnight the morning of his birthday, he got to open his present...BEATLES ROCK BAND!! I think he liked it, considering we stayed up until 2:30AM setting it up and playing the game. Eddie switched back and forth between the guitar, bass, and drums. Of course, I was singing!! :) So much fun!!!
After the show on Saturday, we went out to dinner and then to the Portland Temple. The next day, we stopped in at Fort Vancouver on our way home and wandered around for a couple of hours. When we got home yesterday, we finished putting away Christmas decorations and then...played Beatles Rock Band again until after 11PM. No wonder I'm so tired today! What a weekend!!

1 comment:
YOU GOT BEATLES ROCKBAND!!!!! Why wasnt I aware of this!!!
Post a Comment