Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Baby and Her Food (Part II)

Whoever invented these little contraptions...genius!  I don't even know what they're called, all I know is that it's a mesh bag attached to a handle inside of which you can put food for babies and they don't choke on it because the food is coming through the mesh!

Samantha just loves hers and I must admit, it's been a lifesaver during her teething (still no teeth, by the way).  I chunk up some ripe pears and bananas, put them in a bag in the freezer, and when Samantha is needing something to soothe her gums, I put her in her highchair, fill the mesh bag, and she goes to town!  I love that's she's getting fruit this way too!

Another bonus is that she's happy for upwards of 30 minutes  so I roll her highchair into the kitchen and I can be doing dishes, preparing dinner, etc. while she's happily working away on her pears and bananas!! 


Enjoying a frozen banana - oh, she's just so perfect!

A word of caution, these can be kind of messy, that's why I stick with pears, bananas and apples instead of foods that are vibrantly colored and may stain. 

Of course, frozen fruit time is almost always followed by bath time to wash away the stickiness! :)

Samantha loves bath time!!

No comments: