We had so much fun - I think my favorite song was, "Step in Time," and it was all because of the dancing. The guy playing Bert was a fabulous tap dancer, but I was so amazed when he walked up the wall of the theatre, started singing and tap dancing upside down on the ceiling and then walked down the other side!!
Now, not to leave our title character out - Mary Poppins was truly remarkable! A close second to, "Step in Time" would be a tie between, "Feed the Birds," and "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" (wow, did I spell that right?). We were so impressed with the entire Company and the sets at this performance.
To top off the night, Mary Poppins "flies" away out over the crowd with her magic umbrella! Did I just give away the ending? Nah, you knew the story already. ;)
If you get the opportunity to see this show - take it. If not - make the opportunity! It's in Seattle through May 29th. Be prepared, the show is a bit long (just under 3 hours with intermission) but well worth the time and money!
Enjoy your "jolly holiday with Mary!"

1 comment:
I saw that was going to be in Seattle awhile ago, I really wished I lived closer some times. I really would love to see that. I love Mary Poppins!!!
Post a Comment