Monday, March 28, 2011

The "Mom" Haircut

I've noticed, when women become moms, magically, their hair shrinks.  I've discovered that there are many reasons for this, but let me explain mine.  As Samantha is getting older, she is learning she can use her hands for many things: reaching for toys, picking up pieces of food, holding others' hands, and wrapping them up in mom's hair and pulling...really hard! 

My solution, the "mom" haircut.  Why not just pull my hair back into a ponytail?  Well, that's how I started, but when I'm having to resort to that everyday...not so flattering.  Instead, I decided that with one action, I could do some great things:
  1. Eliminate the wrap/pull motion that Samantha had learned so well :)
  2. Get a low maintenance hairstyle
  3. Get ready for Spring and Summer by losing the long hair
  4. Do something good for someone else by donating the cut hair (minimum 10") to Locks of Love so they can use it to make hairpieces for kids who have lost their hair due to various medical conditions.
Donated hair

So, here is the end result...


What do you think? :)

2 comments:

Wendorf said...

I think it's way cute!!!!!

Jeannie said...

Looks great! I know how you feel. Soon after Warren was born I chopped off all my long hair to a pixie cut. Feels much better, doesn't it? :)