I have always had a desire to learn more about my family - where I came from, stories of my ancestors, pictures, who they were, etc. On one of our trips to Salt Lake City, I even spent an entire day in the Family History Center trying to learn more. For the most part, so far so good. I have found lots of "limbs" to my family tree. I've mostly focused on my dad's side because there are more unknowns (my mom's side is pretty well documented).
In the process of researching, I have made some connections to living family members as well, distant, but definitely family. In fact, through one of my dad's cousins, I met another cousin that even lives in Washington. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know family better and am blessed that this cousin in particular is also actively working on family history. In fact, for a recent vacation, he and his girlfriend took a road trip through Oklahoma, where my dad was born, amongst other places. He was kind enough to share the family info, pictures and stories that he found, in the form of CDs containing some amazing information! Thank you, Bob and Kathy!
Were we independently wealthy, I would love to take several months to visit places where my family is from, both domestic and foreign. Ah, someday! For now, I am excited to dig into the details of what I received and learn more about my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment