Holy frijoles! It's 1:55pm - I'm in my car and need to get that e-mail sent! Yay for smart phones!! I sent the e-mail with seconds to spare, but it was sent!
Waiting...didn't hear anything. Oh well, it was worth a shot. Then someone at church said to me, "hey, did you win tickets on the radio? I heard your name and even though they butchered your last name, there can't be many with that name so it was probably you." Great - they called my name and I missed it!! Ugh, of course!! There was probably some rule that I had to call back within a certain amount of time too. Ok, I'll send them another e-mail. It can't hurt to try...
Nothing.
Then one May afternoon I decided to check my voice mail (which I do not do very often at all). Lo and behold, a voice mail from the radio station, "We've been trying to get a hold of you to get you your Josh Groban tickets. Please call us back at..." What? I still won tickets?
Ok, but they're probably nose bleed tickets or something, right? So, I called them back.
"WHAT? FRONT ROW? You bet!!
I'll be down tomorrow to pick them up!!!!"
I went and picked up the tickets (2) the next afternoon. I hadn't told Missi yet that I won them. As I was leaving the station, I called her and asked, "Do you have your computer in front of me? I don't and I want to know where these tickets are located." So, I gave her the section number and seat numbers (not the row). She told me that this is a great section, right on the floor, and the seat numbers are right on the inside aisle.
I responded, "Well, that's great to hear...since that's where we'll be sitting to watch Josh Groban in August!!!"
Missi - 7 months pregnant - at work - had to shut her door so she could jump up and down. She was so excited! I took a picture of the tickets and sent them to her...
Fast forward...Missi was due on August 8th...August 19th and still no baby. The concert is in just over a week (August 27th). Finally, little Tommy came on the 20th, but via c-section.
"Missi, are you still going to be able to go, or should I find someone else?"
"NO! I'm still going!!"
"Ok, it's up to you..."
August 27th arrives - Missi did really well, hobbling her way to our seats :)
The opening act, Elew, was great (albeit, he had some very strange facial expressions during his songs...).
| The stage set up |
The concert was phenomenal! I didn't like it so much when he used the stage in the middle of the floor (because we were not front row to the middle, we were front row to the FRONT!) but oh well. He did a lot of songs from his new album, "Illuminations," as well as some classics, including, "You Raise Me Up," during the encore.
![]() |
| Yeah, he's right there. I'm barely zooming in on this pic!! |
![]() |
| Uh huh - this one is without any zoom! |
| So great! |
| The orchestra/band were fantastic! Truly a talented group, especially the two guys on the right. |
So much fun! I'm curious how much those tickets would have cost if we had to pay for them?? Oh well - winning tickets is definitely the way to go!
| Self-portraits never work out right. Oh well! |



No comments:
Post a Comment