Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Birthday Girl!

Today is a very big day...

Samantha Grace is One Year Old today!

It's hard to believe that just one short year ago, we were the recipients of the most precious blessing - a beautiful, perfect baby girl!

(PICTURES COMING SOON!)
I can't help but reflect on that most wonderful day when we met Samantha's birth mother face-to-face and, together, welcomed Samantha into this world.  I will never cease to be grateful to both my Heavenly Father and to that dear, selfless mother for placing Samantha in our care.

Samantha is thriving!  She is growing so big, so smart, and has such a beautiful personality!  I am amazed daily as I watch her learn and experience new things.

This is truly a day to celebrate - so that's what we did!  We invited some friends and family over to help us celebrate Samantha!

Big thanks to my friend Deb, my mom, my sister, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law for all of their help with both preparations and food!  Hope I didn't miss anyone...

We had such fun, starting things off with LOTS of food!  Then we let Samantha blow out the candle on her special cake!!  Following a quick bath (to rinse off the cake :), Samantha, who was getting so tired from all of the excitement, opened her pile of presents.  Though she started off a bit hesitant, she got the hang of ripping off the wrapping paper. 

It's so clear from the many people that came to help us celebrate, that this little girl has made an impression on so many and is very loved!!

I don't know if Samantha's birth mom still/ever reads this blog.  If so, thank you!  Seems so inadequate a phrase to express our deep gratitude...

No comments: