Sunday, October 16, 2011

Ward Choir

My calling at church is as the Ward Choir Director.  I have to say, there are times I absolutely love this calling.  Today is one of those days.  Today, the choir sang, "I Heard Him Come," in Sacrament Meeting.  I remember singing this song in choir when I was a teenager!  I've always loved the song and thought that it was about time that we hear it again!

Though our choir is not very large, especially compared to the amount of talen in our ward, they are so great!  I am grateful for those who come each week and join in singing hymns of praise!

Right now, we are preparing our Thankgiving-themed song, "Anthem of Praise."  This is one tough number, but the choir is doing well.  At the same time, we are also preparing for our Christmas Program.  Since Christmas falls on a Sunday this year, we are having the program on Christmas Day.  Though it shouldn't make a difference, I am so nervous about this and am working hard to make sure that we really invite the Spirit to be there to inspire and teach!

I had no idea at the time but am learning very quickly that Ward Choir Director can be a very challenging calling!!

No comments: