Monday, September 10, 2012

Happy Birthday, Samantha!

It's hard to believe that two glorious years have flown by since we first met Samantha Grace.  This special little girl has lit up our lives and made everything more beautiful.  We continue to love and adore every precious minute with her and are grateful every second of every day for this little treasure.  We express our unending gratitude as well to Samantha's wonderful birth mother and hope she knows how much we love and appreciate her.

I asked my brother, Matt, to build a video for Samantha with pictures and videos from the past two years.  I hadn't thought of this song in terms of adoption until a good friend of mine mentioned it to me.  It's from a popular movie, so I had always just associated it with that and nothing more.  As I listened to the lyrics with new perspective though, it expresses so many of the emotions that Ed and I felt as we waited for Samantha, finally held her in our arms, and continue to watch her grow and change every day.

Thank you, Matt, for the love and care that you put into the selection and placement of the pictures and videos.

Samantha - we love you.  We love your personality, your sense of humor, your beautiful smile, your ability to learn new things so quickly, your loving and inquisitive nature, your giggles, your love of animals, your goodnight hugs and kisses, and most of all, we love that we get to spend eternity with you!

1 comment:

Wendorf said...

AAAhhhh so cute! We hope Samantha had a great birthday!!