I hate being sick! I even got a flu shot this year so that I wouldn't get sick...didn't work. Well, maybe it did. I guess it could have been a whole lot worse. Woke up Friday morning, not feeling so great, but had to go to a meeting with Eddie. Later that night though, he was supposed to go shoot (photography) a couple of soccer games in Shoreline so I was going to go with him, at least to drop him off and then I would go shopping for a couple of hours - who can pass up shopping, especially when it's my husband that's endorsing it!? We had a wicked storm roll through here this last weekend though. Rain, lightning, thunder - the works. Now, I love a good storm and this time around, I admit, I was really grateful for that lightning. You see, they won't call off soccer games for rain, they won't call them off for snow, but for lightning? You betcha they called off that game! I was so relieved that I could stay home and feel like a train hit me instead of going out and feeling that icky.
Ok, so then there was Saturday, first, had to call and cancel my voice lesson, then I totally flaked out on a friend's Party Lite party (I love candles!). I spent the entire day in bed on Saturday!! Of the 24 hours...I think I slept 20 of them. I woke up to eat graham crackers, 7-Up, and Top Ramen - that's it! I totally felt like that part in Monty Python where the guy is walking through the village with the cart ringing the bell yelling, "Bring out your dead!" A man is brought out to the cart compaining the whole time, "I'm not dead," to the reply of, "You will be." Yeah, that's how I felt - guess you have to see the movie!
Then Sunday rolled around and the ONLY reason I got out of bed is because I was scheduled to sing a song with my sister at church. Have to tell you, she did great!! Me? Not so great! Couldn't hold a note to save me, pitch was off, was rushing through parts, and running out of breath so quickly! I can only hope that the congregation looked past the imperfections and felt the spirit of the song....
I have a wonderful husband. Have I said this before? I'm not very nice when I'm sick but Eddie puts up with it and takes care of me anyway. I get whiney, little things irritate me that otherwise wouldn't...I'm just not a very nice person when I'm sick. Then, when I think I'm feeling a little bit better, I try to do too much. Like Saturday night when I thought I was doing better and tried to vacuum. Yeah, Eddie put a stop to that quickly and sent me back to bed!
I hate being sick! And what's even more irritating? Being sick on the weekend! Yup, feeling just fine this morning - just in time to go back to work for another week!!! Ugh!
1 comment:
Im sorry! At least your better now!
Post a Comment