Friday, June 4, 2010

Ohanapecosh

Gesundheit!
No, I didn't just sneeze...Ohanapecosh is the name of a campground (and river) at Mt. Rainier. Eddie and I went camping there over Memorial Day weekend with 3 other families. In total, I think we had 20 people there! Aside from the weather, it was a lot of fun. Ok, the weather wasn't that bad, it was a tad cold and a little too much moisture for my taste...especially at the end of May!!






We spent our time hiking...










Did a lot of cooking, including trying out a new camping oven. That's right, we had fresh bread, brownies, cookies, all sorts of baked goods this time around - yummy!! ...




The rest of the time we all were warming up around the campfire, playing games (kind of), and...warming up around the campfire. :)

We even splurged and bought a new double-tall air matress to keep comfy. It did the trick - the down side, it took up pretty much the entire tent!

We had so much fun spending time with friends...



And enjoying the beautiful area in which we live!




















No comments: