Monday, March 14, 2011

March 10th - 6 Months Old!

It's gone by so fast, I can hardly believe that Samantha Grace is 6 MONTHS OLD!  She has brought joy and laughter beyond measure into our lives.

Because a "half" birthday is a big deal, we decided to celebrate...with cupcakes! 

I know what you're thinking, "she's only 6-months-old and you're giving her a cupcake??  She doesn't even have teeth yet!!"  I know, but don't underestimate this little girl! 

The intention was only "half" a cupcake, with "half" of a candle...because it's only her "half" birthday :)  But the candle would just look silly in only half a cupcake.  So we just put the half of a candle in the small cupcake...and she got to eat half of her cupcake (which is about her limit anyway, so it was just perfect!). 




We sang, "Happy half-Birthday" to her (notice Daddy is holding her hands because we did indeed light the candle) and then, with a little help and hopefully a good wish, she blew out her candle!


Happy half-Birthday, little Princess!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So cute! Great idea!