While we did have chorus parts in the show, Missi and I each had a solo, we were also in a quartet together, and then I was in a trio in the finale. Things went...ok on Saturday but Sunday was really the better show. Darn, I wish I could upload the video!! Oh well, at least there are pictures!
This is our quartet, "Strange Adventure," from "Yeomen of the Guard"
The opener was from "Pirates of Penzance"
(which included one of my favorite songs, "Climbing Over Rocky Mountains")
Missi portrays a madwoman (a stretch?) in "Cheerily Carols the Lark," from "Ruddigore"
And my turn in the spotlight in "Were I Thy Bride," also from "Yeomen of the Guard"
Another fun tradition, well fun for me this year - you'll see why, is that after the show on opening night there is an awards ceremony. Many of the awards are for graduating seniors, scholarship recipients, and newbies, but this year guess who won the "Jr. Diva" award...drum roll, please...ME! Yay! It was also kinda fun to get recognized for winning 1st place in my category in the Puget Sound chapter of the NATS (National Association for Teachers of Singing) adjudication this last March. A lot of work, but a lot of fun. Even Eddie said he enjoyed the show this year!!
Hmmm, maybe I'll invite people to come to the performance next year! :)
1 comment:
I wish I could have come! I need to see the video!!!
Post a Comment