Stamp Camp - what is that, you may ask. Well, it's a bunch of avid "stampers" getting together for a day of crafting. We make seven projects during the four hours that we're there; we learn new stamping techniques, get the opportunity to glean from others' creativity, and have a day to spend visiting with one another. It's great! Ok, if you're not into crafting, scrapbooking, or rubber stamping, it probably sounds kind of dorky. I'm ok with that! We made some really cute projects today. I'll have to take some pictures and add them to this post later so you can see why I'm so excited!
The other great thing about today is that I got to spend the day with my sister. Missi is so overscheduled - well, to me, it seems that way. She is always on the go; working full time, at activities with her Young Womens class, working out, at piano or voice lessons, or doing any variety of other things. To have a day just to hang out with her was fantastic. I picked her up for Stamp Camp and we stopped at McDonald's for our morning fuel (breakfast sandwiches and Diet Coke) and headed off to camp. She and I work really well together at camp - we set up assembly lines in order to get our projects done in the allotted time (or ahead of the crowd even). So for certain projects, she'll do the stamping while I punch out the pieces, or I'll go do the embossing while she's assembling the projects. It works so well! Then we both put together our "wish lists" of stamps and supplies to buy. Since we pool our stuff together anyway, we make sure we agree on what each other buys so we can both use it!
Afterwards, Missi mentioned she was going to make enchiladas tonight but was missing some ingredients. So we went grocery shopping. Now, one key ingredient for our chicken enchiladas...Campbell's Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup. Finding this soup in stores has been quite challenging lately. We've both tried Albertsons, Safeway, Fred Meyer - nothing. I've even made special requests at Albertsons and Safeway for them to order in the product - nothing. So, after camp we stopped in at Top Foods and guess what, they had Campbell's Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup!!! We were so excited - more excited than anyone should be to find cans of cheese soup! So, we cleaned 'em out! Yep, bought every last can they had of it - so fun!
We ended up picking up some lunch for Eddie on the way back from the grocery store and after taking that to him, we decided to head to the mall because it seemed like the perfect day for a trip to Bath & Body Works (we LOVE Bath & Body Works)! They have all of their Fall and Winter scents out right now - we went a bit crazy smelling all of the new products! Made a little stop in the food court on the way out for some pretzels and Jamba Juice, and we were on our way again.
Missi ended up coming to our house to make the enchiladas. Then the four of us, Missi, her boyfriend, me and Eddie, sat down and enjoyed a great meal together. Even now, they're sitting on my couch cuddling, watching the Huskies lose to Arizona (14:17, Arizona right now with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter...although Washington has possession of the ball...) while I'm on the other couch blogging and Eddie is surfing the net and watching the game. Wait!!!! Four minutes left and the Huskies just scored a field goal = TIE GAME!!! We have a chance to win this thing...nevermind...ASU just scored and the game stands at 17:24, Arizona with 5 seconds remainiang. Well, that's the game!
Aren't sisters great!?
1 comment:
Sounds like you had fun! What kind of Jamba Juice did ya get?
Post a Comment