Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Still Missing You, Dad!

I can't believe it's been 5 years since my dad passed away; since I received that call from my brother that my dad was being transported to the hospital; since I last saw him alive being lowered from the back of an ambulance and through the doors of the ER.

I was going through some of my grandparents' things a few weeks ago and stumbled upon some cassette tapes.  One of them was just labeled "T.A.S." - my father's initials.  Feeling strong enough, I popped it into the cassette player and heard my dad's voice again.  It's funny, though it was my dad's voice, it was before he was married so it was my dad, but not my dad.  I'm so glad though that I have these tapes and can listen to him and remember his voice. 

Samantha was downstairs with me at the time playing with her toys.  I told her that the voice on the tape was grandpa.  She sat and listened to his ramblings intently.  Every time she sees that CD/cassette player downstairs now, she asks to listen to grandpa.  It makes me smile every time!

Dad, I still miss you every day. I wish so badly that you could have known your granddaughter in this life. I know we'll meet again. I have faith in that promise.  Until then...

No comments: