It was abnormally warm today!! No, that's an understatement, it was down right HOT out today. We Washingtonians are heat wimps...and snow wimps, and ice wimps...but we're really good with rain (just not driving in it!). Anyway, back to my point, it was uncomfortably warm today! I know I shouldn't complain. I really do love the sunshine! I could do without the humidity though. If only we could set the outdoor thermostat the same way we do inside our homes...
So, what do you do when it gets hot? You set up a kiddie pool! Ta da!!
After dinner, we set up this kiddie pool in the back yard for Samantha. She had a blast. I think she "swam" in it for almost two hours! When you think about it, this was really just an outdoor bath while wearing a bathing suit. I mean really, those are her bath toys with her in the pool! BUT there's something to be said for the cool water from the hose, being outside in the water, and cooling off as the sunny day wanes. Even after two hours she was not happy when it was time to go inside. Had I realized the house was still upwards of 84 degrees, I probably would have let her linger a bit longer in the pool.
Oh little Samantha, you are my sunshine!
No comments:
Post a Comment