Thursday, August 23, 2012

Wenatchee

One of my bestest (yeah, I know it's not a word) friends, Sarah, and her family moved back to Washington and have settled in Wenatchee.  Needless to say, we are thrilled!  Wenatchee is so much closer than North Pole - so we've already taken the opportunity to go visit twice.  This last time, it was just me and Samantha, since Ed was out of town at a conference (can you believe he went to Nashville without me?!?!?).

Anyway, Samantha and I set out on our very first road trip together...that was more than 2 hours.  I had goldfish crackers, M&M's, movies, sippy cups - everything I would need to keep her entertained for the 2.5 hour drive.  She did really well!!  We did stop a couple of times when she either dropped a toy that she just had to have and another time for a bio break but in general, it was a pretty smooth trip.

While there, we splashed and played at a sprinkler park, went swimming, Samantha was thoroughly entertained by my friend's kids (and their toys), I helped Sarah can peaches, finally finished reading, "The Hunger Games," so we could buy the movie and watch it!  Sarah said I had to finish the book first though...  We finally "convinced" Sarah's husband to learn pinochle.  He was less than thrilled about it and I think was only a good sport about it because of the evil eye he was getting from his wife if he didn't cooperate!  Ha ha - it was fun though!  Oh, and Samantha slept in a toddler bed all night long - without falling out of it!

Here's a short video of Samantha playing at a water park.  Yes, the water is clean (chlorinated) - it's just the run off from the park.  It was also upwards of 90 degrees, so she is not cold by any means! :)

 
The temperature, per my car, as we rolled into town.

At the water park in Cashmere
Worked up an appetite after all that swimming!

At a sprinkler park in Wenatchee

Samantha's first time sleeping in a toddler bed

All in all, it was a very fun, very relaxing few days and we are looking forward to our next trip to visit.

No comments: